Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, October 1, 2023

"MANY THERE BE WHICH SAY...."

"Lord, how are they increased that trouble me!  Many are they that rise up against me.  Many there be which say of my soul, 'There is no help for him in God.'  But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter of mine head.  I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill.  I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me."  (Psalm 3:1-5, KJV)

Now we may not have people who are troubling us, but I can guarantee that the Devil and his angels are.  Too many times too many people believe that it is family members, fellow workers, neighbors, etc., who are the ones saying, "There is no help for him in God."  

Regardless of whether that has some reality in day to day living or not, I can assure us all that, "....Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness...."  And those rulers, powers, and world forces will tell you every day, "There is no help for [you] in God."  

Join me right now in affirming that Jesus Christ is my, "....Shield about me, my glory and the One Who lifts my head."  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I receive what You say about me, not what, "....the world forces of this darkness," say.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive