Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

"FREELY...GIVE"

"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons.  Freely you have received, freely give."  (Jesus, Matthew 10:8)

The call of the Church of Jesus Christ has never changed.  "Bible scholars," as well as many church-goers, however, have attempted to exegete our text so as to make themselves look good.  They say that such a verse was only for the First Century Church.  That would be okay except for one thing:  Nowhere in the Bible does it so say.

These Words of Jesus are no less significant today than they were in the First Century; therefore, I call you to pray with me that the Church will obey this command of Jesus in our text, and pray, "the Lord of the harvest," to so help us walk.

Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive me if I deny Your Words in order to excuse my lack of faith/obedience.  Amen.
***********************
PSALM NUGGET: "In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears." (18:6)

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive