Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 2, 2023

"....YOUR VERY GREAT REWARD"

"After this, the Word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: 'Do not be afraid, Abram.  I am your shield, your very great reward.'"  (Genesis 15:1, NIV)

I find it interesting that the alternative reading in some translations is, "....your reward shall be very great."

The two translations for me seem to be poles apart.  My reward is either the Living Triune God Himself, "I am...your  
...reward", or He gives me something else, e.g., fame, riches, etc., in other words, something for me apart from Jesus Christ. 

I embrace, "I am...your very great Reward."  There is no reward greater than, or equal to, Jesus Christ Himself, Jesus Christ living in me.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You are my, "Very Great Reward."  Amen.
***************************
PSALM NUGGET:
"Return, Lord, deliver my soul; equip me for war because of Your mercy."  (Psalm 6:4, Interlinear)

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive