Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, October 5, 2023

THE BIG FISHERMAN HAD MANY GOOD QUALITIES

"....Peter...walked on the water to go to Jesus." (From Matthew 14:29)

In my lifetime I have heard many people speak of Peter's flaws.  But he did walk on water; none of his compatriots were willing to take that risk.  

That's one thing I really like about Peter; he was a risk taker.  You have to love a guy whose little group was greatly outnumbered, but who was willing to take off someone's head to save his Friend.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I want to live the "risk."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive