Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 28, 2023

SO YOU WANT GOD'S, "APPROVAL?" (PSALM NUGGET BELOW)

"For by it (faith) the people of old gained approval."  (Hebrews 11:2, NASB)

It seems to me that the Holy Spirit is saying, "....the people of old..," were living examples of what verse one states.  

They walked manifesting the, "certainty," and, "proof," that  the Word of God is our foundation, that faith is not mental comprehension, but rather an acceptance of the fact that Jesus Christ is King, His Words are The Word, and all creation is called to walk in absolute trust in Jesus and His Words.

Verse 8 tells us, "By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed...not knowing where he was going."  So, if I want to, "gain[] approval," of the Godhead, I will so walk.

Father, in Jesus' Name, there is none other approval I desire than Yours.  Amen.
 ***********************
PSALM NUGGET: "God the Lord, the Strength of my salvation, You have covered my head on the day of battle." (Psalm 140:7, NASB)  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive