Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

WHAT WAS THERE BEFORE THE BEGINNING?

"....and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."  (Revelation 21:4 (NASB)

As I read Revelation again, the thought occurred to me once more that I can understand there being no end, viz., "....there will be no longer...."  What I cannot fathom is no beginning

Post Darwin scientists talk of the universe being "billions and billions" of years old; okay.  I say pick a number, 13.5  billion, 100 billion, whatever.  Once they agree on a number for the "big bang," what was here before that?  
Someone once quoted John 1:1 as, "Before the beginning began, the Word already was."  That was another way of attempting to "explain" the Eternal One.  

I do not understand, but I do accept that, "In the beginning (even before, "the beginning") was the Word," Jesus Christ.  And, the moment one surrenders his/her life to Jesus we step into that Eternal "dimension" of, "before the beginning," and, "there shall no longer be...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that my mind cannot fathom Your Words, but I do accept Your, "God-Breathed,"  Words.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2I 

Blog Archive