Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

AM I GOING OUT "ON A LIMB?"

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  (Hebrews 11:1)

The Interlinear Bible says that the Word for, "substance," is, "a giving substance to, a guaranteeing, the reality."  It also says that the Word for, "evidence," is, "proof."  Any Greek scholars may comment.

Now in light of the above, some may ask, "How do I know that God exits?"  Based on our text, a very short answer is, "Because I said so." 

I see in Hebrews 11:1, that the faith and life in Jesus' Church is the only "proof" anyone will ever have that Jesus Christ, "The Word of God," and His Words of the Bible, is Truth.  The search for "proof" has ended.

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me not to back away from Your Words which say, "You are the light of the world," and, "You are the salt of the earth."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive