Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 9, 2017

"Let All Who Are Simple Come To My House"

"Wisdom...calls from the highest point of the city, 'Let all who are simple come to my house!'  To those who have no sense she says, 'Come eat my food and drink the wine I have mixed Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of insight.'" (Proverbs 9, NIV)

"Wisdom," has been "calling" you and me all of our lives.  But have we listened?  I know I have not, too many times.  The result has always been, "Why didn't I?"  I've often said/written that if one reads the Bible without "what-I-want-from-life" glasses we just may actually hear the "voice" of God.  I so desperately want that, not because I'm so noble or spiritual, but because it is what life has taught me, that if I have my way, I will miss Jesus' way.  And only the stupid prefers his way over the way of Jesus Christ.

The word translated, "simple," can mean, "silly, foolish, seducible," which can mean, "win over, attract, entice."  This is the description of everyone on the Planet who is not totally surrendered in obedience to Jesus Christ and His Words.  Never, ever for a moment think that you are beyond this; you are not; I am not.  We were not created to live life on our own, following our own desires and dreams.  Humanity is created for Jesus Christ, none other.  Furthermore, no one will see or receive any good from you and me if we do not surrender to Jesus Christ, "Who of God is made to us wisdom."

Jesus invites you and me every day, "Let all who are foolish, seducible, come to my house!...Come, eat my food ('My flesh is food indeed') and drink the wine ('My Blood is drink indeed') I have mixedLeave your simple ways and you will live...in the way of insight."  The hymn writer prayed as should we all, "Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night (My way), Jesus I come, Jesus I come to Thee.  Into Thy freedom, gladness, and light (Your Way), Jesus I come to Thee."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "I need Thee, O, I need Thee, every hour I need Thee."  Amen.
*******************************

We are happy to report that it seems as though Norma's "episode" was not as bad as it could have been.  She went to the Senior Life facility in the van today; was able to walk out and get in it.  We thank any who have been and are praying.  I watched with her the whole Steeler playoff game yesterday.  She even asked some questions.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive