Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 12, 2017

"The Plans of the Righteous Are....The Advice of the Wicked Is...."


"The plans of the righteous are just, but the advice of the wicked is deceitful....The kindest acts of the wicked are cruel....The wicked desire the stronghold of evildoers....Evildoers are trapped by their sinful talk....The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice....Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil....The Lord detests lying lips, but He delights in people who are trustworthy." (From Proverbs 12, NIV)

I have been observing the playing out of Proverbs 12 as I have been "following" the current hearings of President-Elect Trump's cabinet appointees, which includes mostly praying.  I have been watching and hearing our texts played out before the world.  Now praying here is not the same as being in the hearings, but I try to keep up with/in the call. 

As I have shared before, Oswald Chambers once said that "prayer does not fit us for the greater works; prayer is the greater work."  In the same context, Chambers said, "Only a child gets prayer answered; a wise man does not."  This is fundamental Biblical Theology.  May we all walk in this truth.  My take on Chambers' "wise man" and "child" statement has to do with what I have been hearing in the American political scene, "wise" people attempting to impress others with their wise-ness.  Furthermore, their reasonings are just that---- reasoning.  The dictionary describes "reasoning" as "the action of thinking about something in a logical, sensible way to form a conclusion or judgment."  This is code for, "I'll use my mind and my resources to make appraisals and come to conclusions as to the most sensible approach to life," viz., apart from Our Father, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and Our Holy Spirit.  This is nothing but a, "wicked," life style.  The Bible says of such, "But they will not get very far because...their folly will be clear to everyone."  I stand on that.

Last evening on the conference call prayer time, I prayed from Isaiah 64.  I really sensed a great anointing on that prayer, and I remind you of what our Lord Jesus spoke to my heart many years ago.  Now this is not an excuse to not "pursue" a matter in prayer, to continue to pray for things, "pray without ceasing."  It is, however, a reminder that our prayers are never forgotten.  I think it is akin to, "You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?"  They are remembered; therefore, I believe that last evening's prayer, prayers prayed years ago, generations ago are still "heard," still in the "atmosphere," in Jesus', "bottle," in Jesus', "book," and still being answered. 

We can write letters, demonstrate, "get involved," but you and I and all will never participate in anything as powerful as prayer, especially prayer from, in, and based upon the very, "Words of God," and offered in "only-a-child" heart.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You rule over the "righteous" and the "wicked."  You reign.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2



Blog Archive