Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 13, 2017

"Joined Close-Together In Tight Identification"

"For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him." (1 Thessalonians 5:9, 10)

"Wrath," is not God's intended end for you and me.  It is "....not to obtain wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," deliverance, Heaven, the most intimate of fellowship.  "Wrath," only comes when we reject, "My Beloved Son in Whom I am well pleased." 

Rejoice, "weary pilgrim."  Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit has one purpose for you, and only one, that you be His.  "....Our Lord Jesus Christ...died for us...."  No one or nothing can describe the fulness of the beauty, the joy, the comfort, the glorious reality of all that you and I have come into, all because, "....Our Lord Jesus Christ...died for us....Moreover, brethren, I declare to you...that Word which I preached...: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He was seen...."  Glorious, Eternal Gloriousness.
 
The phrase, "together with Him," means, "joined close-together in tight identification."  That is one "tight fit" which is perfect.  "....joined close-together in tight identification," is the will, the purpose, the intended relationship "The Eternal One" purposed, purposes for you and me in our Lord Jesus, "from days of Eternity."  The theologian in me always likes to emphasize the "in-ness" of the Blessed Trinity's purpose for all humanity, that everyone whoever lived and lives was/is intended to dwell, "in Christ."  The withs, the togethers, etc., are included "perks," but Jesus, "Christ in you," and me is, "the hope of glory," the hope of you and me, the hope of humanity.

"....Whether we wake or sleep," no matter.  Jesus Christ's "Word" to you and me today is that we are, "joined close-together in tight identification," in Him.  I pray you sleep in this tonight and awake to this in the morning.

Father, in Jesus' Name, what You have for me, what You have given to me, imparted to me in Jesus-- "Glory to His Name, Glory to His Name, there at the Cross was the Blood applied, Glory to His Name!"  Amen.
**********************
In order to get a 40% discount on airfare, we have to book our flight to Berlin now.  Thanks to all who have made our missions possible.  We are also including a three day visit to Wittenberg, aka, Lutherstadt, for the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation.  You are welcome to join us.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive