Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

"The Wide In Heart" vs. "A Chattering Fool"

"The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin."  (Proverbs 10:8, NIV)

What an interesting way to look at wisdom.  Wisdom does not come from my mind, but rather from my heart.  Our text is the cure for us fools.

I watched this morning a lot of Senator Jeff Sessions' confirmation hearing, while praying in the spirit.  I watched advocates of illegality attempt to malign a man committed to legality.  This is the age old battle: Humanism vs. The Living Triune God, man's continued attempts to usurp Divine Law with make-it-up-as-you-go "law."  As Baxter once said, "Nothing new has been said for 5000 years.  I watched one, "chattering fool," after another work in their minds, delight in their minds, and act so proudly from their minds.  Others were attempting to look at a man's, "heart."

Remember how you attempted to get your parents, teachers, etc.,  to see life your way, how absolutely sure that your way was the right way, the fair way, the way which should prevail, only to discover later in life that had the Universe jumped at your every whim, your every objection, your every attempt to convince humanity that if they only saw things your way, the world would be a better place, etc., that actually it would not!!??  Beware of the tendency to think that only the outgoing, energetic child is "head strong."  We all are!  What I pray for today is, "wise in heart," strong.

Maybe it it time to get out of our heads and into our hearts.  To see that Divine Wisdom, personified and demonstrated in Jesus Christ is an, "out of the heart proceeds," wisdom.
Jesus says that the evil of the world comes out of the heart of man.  Well, what I "heard" today is that we need to be people committed to discovering and walking in, "The wise in heart accept commands," the commands of Jesus revealed only in Jesus' Words.  The general, "lean...to your own understanding,"or any other approach to life which is apart from, separate from, "The Word of God," will make me nothing but, "a chattering fool."  Yet if I am of, "The wise in heart accept commands," those of Jesus Christ, then I will be a walking opposition to, "a chattering fool," and maybe help deliver him/her from foolishness.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I cannot see that I ever have confidence in anyone, mostly myself, if they or I do not, "accept commands," YOUR COMMANDS.  "Deliver us from the evil one," who himself was a, "chattering fool," in that Garden encounter.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive