Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 26, 2013

"The Lord Shall Bless Thee Out of Zion"

"The Lord shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life." (Psalm 128:5)

A lot of people looking for a "bless me" devotional might not get too excited about our text.  Why did/does it bless me so?  Perhaps it is because I love Jesus Christ and Everything which has to do with Him, His Church, His Kingdom, yes, His Universe, He Who lives and reigns eternally in Our Father and Holy Spirit, "world without endAmen."  Which reminds me, "But Israel shall be saved by the Lord with an everlasting salvation; you shall not be ashamed or disgraced forever and ever....Unto [Father] be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without endAmen."   

Our text speaks of "geographical" blessing, "out of Zion"; but it is more, of course.  Zion represents God's Authority, His Reign.  Zion, if you will, is the "Capitol" of the Kingdom.  No one fully knows the future administration of King Jesus concerning Zion/Jerusalem, but we do know Jesus said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to herHow often I wanted to gather your children together,..and you were unwilling....I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'" (This is the exact way it is written in the NASB.)  The meaning of, "....you will not see Me until," means, "but be sure; you will see Me again."

Sarah and I are planing to be in Jerusalem from November 10 to 14, even though we still have to work out details about her Mom.  As I read our text today I had a renewed "possessiveness" about Jerusalem.  The only, I repeat, only reason some group is claiming the right to Jerusalem is that they want Jerusalem only so that the Jews cannot have it.  That won't happen.  Jerusalem, "is the city of the Great King," Jesus The Christ.  Every time you hear or read of Jerusalem in the news media never forget that!  Even though we read in the Bible of the, "New Jerusalem," and, "the Jerusalem which is above," these references do not negate King Jesus' plans for His City, our City----- my City.

I encourage you to expect and receive today Christ's blessing, "out of Zion."  Along with such great blessing, "claim" with me that we will, "see the good of Jerusalem all the days of []our life", individually and as His Church.  To see, "the good of Jerusalem all the days of []our life," is integral to our good.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for blessing me, "out of Zion."  Whatever that fully means, I accept your "City Blessing."  Amen.
*******************************
* Sarah and I continue to serve our Lord Jesus Christ and His Church with the free will offerings of His People.
* Revised Fall Mission Schedule: October 27-November 23

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive