Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 22, 2013

Your Invitation Has Been Sent

"The he said to his servants, 'The wedding is made ready, but those who were invited were not worthyTherefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'" (Matthew 22: 8, 9)

From what I can tell, they were not worthy because they just refused to come to the wedding.   Unworthiness is based on my lack of response, not on some whim of God.  The whole parable indicates that anyone "found" is eligible for the wedding, which includes you and me.  I have been invited to the wedding of the Son.  Whether I commit to "go" or not determines my worthiness for other "invitations."

You have your wedding invitation too.  The context says that some of the excuses included, "But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business."  In other words, what they had was more important to them than what Father offers in Jesus.  Be very careful that whatever you are involved in right this moment does not become an excuse for missing the wedding.

The song says, "What a day that will be," and indeed it will be.  With wedding guests from, "every tribe and tongue and people and nation," we will sit at the Banqueting Table with and in Jesus.  There's no indication how "long" will be this feast, probably forever.  Think of it, a continual feasting with and on Jesus our King and Savior.  Whatever the details, I will just be eternally thankful that I was invited, have been provided the acceptable, "wedding garment," and a seat.  Any other questions people may have matter little; the invitation is sufficient.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for inviting me.  Amen.
******************************
* If you will commit to this Fall's Mission expense, let us know.
* Sarah and I appreciate ongoing prayer for decisions concerning her Mom.
* Please continue to pray for Marlis.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive