Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 29, 2013

If You Can Think of No Other Prayer: Pray Psalm 145-- Glorious!

"Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom ('kingdom of all ages'), and Thy dominion endureth throughout all generation." (Psalm 145:13, KJV))

I was enjoying my work this morning, yes, work, "I will speak of the glorious honour of Thy majesty, and of Thy wondrous works."  I have a globe always near me here at home when interceding for the nations--------- and what a small world we live in, "All Thy works shall praise Thee, O Lord; and Thy saints shall bless Thee."  If I can hold the globe in my hand, just remember, so does our Living Triune God hold the Universe in His Hand, "They shall speak of the glory of Thy kingdom, and talk of Thy power." 

When an English Bible teacher heard me share years ago about what I was doing in Washington, DC, Jerusalem and Berlin, he said, "Prayer is hard work."  There is truth in this.  But it is also extremely enjoyable "work."  All one has to do is pray Psalm 145 to experience a measure of the, "joy unspeakable and full of glory," penned by the Apostle Peter, "The Lord is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works."    
If you don't know how to start the day, if you are overwhelmed early in the day or at any time day or night, I highly suggest that you pray Psalm 145, "Every day will I bless Thee; and I will praise Thy name for ever and ever....The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all those that be bowed down."

David goes back and forth between directing His words to God Himself and to anyone who would listen in on his worship.  There is "declaration" and affirmation in this Psalm.  There is some of the most magnificent words ever uttered in praise.  As I read Psalm 145 aloud, which, by the way, I would encourage you to do when you pray the Bible, I am in some measure fulfilling the promise of the, "God-Breathed," Word, "The whole earth is full of His glory."  The Words of God are going forth just like radio waves, which have been described thus: "Long waves may cover a part of the Earth very consistently, shorter waves can reflect off the ionosphere and travel around the world, and much shorter wavelengths bend or reflect very little and travel on a line of sight."  Okay, Earth, here He comes: "The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth"!

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for the greatest work my friend here and I can be about, "And I will declare Thy greatness."  Amen.
*******************
*Sarah and I will be with the Renewed Strength Church in Ohio, August 4.  We have made some good arrangements for her Mom.
* Fall Mission: October 27-November 23.  If you would like to contribute, let us know.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive