Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 1, 2013

So You Think It's Been Too Long Since.... What?


"....Bezer in the wilderness on the plateau for the Reubenites, Ramoth in Gilead for the Gadites, and Golan in Bashan for the Manassites."  (Deuteronomy 4:43)

Now someone may say, "What on earth?-- a devotional text?"  Yes.  This is where I am each quarter on the 32nd day.  Significance to you and me?  Our text is from a period over 3300 years ago.  It speaks of what is now called "The Golan Heights;" I have been there, stood on the ground of this most ancient of lands, ground promised to the Jews by the Living Triune God 4ooo years ago(!!), ground upon which very few, if any, Jews trod for nearly 2000 of those 3300 years, but who can now say, "We're back."  Now someone please have the nerve to tell me that God cannot take care of His Words!

I have read that the "oldest verified person ever" was a French woman who lived to over 122 years.  Of course this is not true.  The Bible says the "oldest verified person ever" was 969 years old.  But that is still far short of 4000 years.  Do you see?  Time is absolutely nothing to "The Eternal One."  Jesus is, "Alpha and Omega," which is really time/space language for Eternity, outside our four dimensions, outside time, Who came into time in order to redeem us and take us time-space-bound creatures into His Eternal Home.  Now what was that problem today which is attempting to defeat you?!?!? 

Jews are on the Golan once again because Jesus, Our Immanuel is on the Golan.  Jerusalem is the focus of world attention today because Jesus the Christ is about to bring all nations to The Land for judgment, "I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of JehoshaphatThere I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land" (Joel 3:2, NIV).  So Rest in Jesus today, my friend, "For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end....For we who have believed do enter that rest...." 

History is indeed heading to a dramatic climax, and you and I are a part of that "heading."  We are in Jesus Christ and He in us.  All Jesus is doing is what we are doing, whether it is active participation or being dragged along; I choose the former.  But be assured today; "no weapon formed against you will prosper,...because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."  He is the God of history, moving history to and in His purposes, and moving you and me along with and in Him.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I constantly need Eternal awareness.  Thank You for Your Words which do that.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive