Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, March 24, 2019

More Life "Guidance" From John

"Abide in Me, and I in youAs the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide I Me." (John 15:4)

This is the purpose of the Godhead for humanity; "As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen."  The Bible calls this, "fellowship," or, "participation."  No human inventor-of-religion could have thought of this.  Plainly, this is God's will for humanity.

Then notice the condition of humanity if it does not walk in the "original purpose" for us, "As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,..neither can you...."  And just a few Words later our Lord Jesus tells us, "....without Me you can do nothing," no fruit, in reality too, no life itself.  Have we really learned this?

The HCSB translates Psalm 119:26, "I told you about my life, and You listened to me...."  This was such a blessing to me today as I read the Psalms.  It reveals communion/fellowship/participation in the Living Triune God, just as in our text, a person and His Maker, His Savior, His Everything.  For me, it was another "call" from our text, Jesus calling us to an, "Abide in Me," Life Style.  It is a reminder to all, especially to those who think that "God does not listen"; quite the opposite. "I told You about my life, and You listened to me...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You so much for the call to, "Abide in Me."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive