Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, March 23, 2019

This Is The Answer

"Yet a little while and the world no more sees MeYou, however, see Me because I live also you will liveIn that day will you know that I am in the Father of Me and you in Me and I in you."  (John 14:19, 20--Greek Interlinear)

Someone came to see me once and said that he just had lonely hours, couldn't function, couldn't forget the past, the sins, the mistakes, the heartaches.  One human to another just has no answer for this.  More of humanity is afflicted with this than any of us can imagine.

In our text Jesus is telling us that there is an offer of continual, moment by moment fellowship in the Godhead, no "lonely hours," enslavement to the past "sins" and "mistakes."  1 John 1 tells us of this glorious relationship in Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit.  It is referred to as, "....our fellowship...."  This fellowship, or perhaps the Word is better translated, "participation," because that is exactly what Biblical, "fellowship," means, is what our Lord Jesus is speaking of in our text.

Think with me for a moment.  At this very moment I am writing this and you are reading this, you and I are exactly living the Words of 1 John 1:3, "....and indeed our fellowship/participation is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ."  This is now, my friend, no waiting to "get into His Presence," or waiting to feel this.  No matter what you are experiencing right now, Jesus is speaking these Words to you, "I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am I you."  Literally and eternally this is "where" you and I are.  Take comfort.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I can never thank You enough for this reality.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive