Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 22, 2019

John 12 & 13

"Then they came to Phillip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, 'Sir, we wish to see Jesus.'"  (John 12:21)

My Dad had someone in one of his parishes make a name plate with the Words, "We would see Jesus" (KJV).  He had it placed on the pulpit from which he preached.  What does that tell you about this man?  My Dad realized that "seeing" Jesus was the only Salvation, and there is no forgiveness of sin, no coming, "to the Father, but by [Jesus]."

This should be on the pulpit of every Church building in every city, state, nation in the world.  It is the Theme of Life.  May this be our daily, fundamental request of our Heavenly Father.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I, too, "would see Jesus."  Amen.

************************
"For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.  (John 13:15)

"Example"-- This does not mean "copy;" no one could ever.  This is Jesus in us serving one another, serving humanity.

This is the Supreme Servant telling us as His Servants to serve one another.  If you want to "pick" a good church, look for a "servant" atmosphere.  This is where you not only will be served, but just as importantly, you also will serve. 

Jesus tells us to, "....do as I have done to you."  Now I am not opposed to those who actually have foot-washing services, but personally I don't think this should be what we "take away" from our text.  In Luke 22:7 we read that Jesus said, "....I am among you as the One Who serves."  This is the "way" we are to be "among" one another, and, the world----- servants.

Father, in Jesus' Name, show me more "servant" opportunities today.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive