Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, September 8, 2008

I Say To Condemnation, "I Banish You--- You are Banished"

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."  (Romans 8:1)

Literally, "
Therefore there is now no trial, no punishment, no damnation, no decree, no suit, no 'call into question,' for those who are in Christ Jesus." If there is a "call into question" concerning our salvation and relationship in Jesus Christ, then it is only because we are either not reading correctly, or reading with only ourselves in mind.  I checked 21 translations, and all agree; if I am in Christ Jesus-------------"No condemnation." 

The Gospel declares that all of the "
condemnation" which I, others, and the Devil try to put on me was "put on" Jesus at the Cross. "Surely our griefs [Jesus] Himself bore, and our sorrows.., our transgressions.., our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon [Jesus], and by [Jesus'] scourging (Blood) we are healed....The LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on [Jesus]."  Of course, the question continually remains; which words (and thoughts) will I believe?!?

I find the dictionary many times helps us to understand just how simple, yet powerful words can be.  One of the definitions for, "no," is, "used in notices or slogans
forbidding or rejecting something specified."  So, here's my "word" for you today:  "I forbid and reject the 'specified' condemnation, which you yourself and the Enemy has continually tried to allow and accept."  Or, in the words of a recent television commercial, I say to condemnation, "I banish you; you are banished."

Father, in Jesus' name, I pray that my "belief system" will be manifest in my "obedience system."  Amen. 



**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)

Blog Archive