Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Every Word of God is Pure (Unalloyed)"

"....for the sake of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever...." (2 John 2)

The wife of a very prominent pastor/missionary is writing a book and recently sent out an e-mail speaking of her journey.  Near the beginning, she wrote, "I've been reading the Book of Acts recently. 
It's a real joy,
since I haven't read Acts for years" (Emphasis mine).  I read our text late last night-- "for the sake of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever," and thought of her.  During  all the years in which she has been only reading her "favorite" portions of Scripture, she has been robing herself of "every Word of God."

"
The truth which abides in us and will be with us forever"---- The
Truth, of course, is not ideas, but a Person, Jesus Christ.  But the Truth which Jesus
is and the written Word which we have are inextricable.  Jesus, the Truth, is manifested beautifully in the Scriptures.  Jesus, the Son and "Breath" of Our Father, "abides in us and will be with us forever."  This word went deep in me, blessed me, ignited me---------------------------- "abides in us...with us forever."

Remember Falwell's famous statement, "Every Christian should read every word of the Bible at least once a year."  This is not legalistic, Pharisaical, religion.  As Moses said of the Words of God, "
They are your life."  The blessing which I am still enjoying this morning came because I read, what is for most, an obscure portion of Scripture.  Our sister discovered "lost" passages.  Do not allow those "tiny morsels" to escape you

Father, in Jesus' Name, "
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path," and "my delight," Your Breath, my oxygen.  I love You.  Amen.


**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)

Blog Archive