Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 26, 2024

"THEN THEY SPAT IN HIS FACE"

"Then they spat in His face and beat Him; and others struck Him with the palms of their hands."  (Matthew 26:67)

This is my fault.

This suffering was the result of our rebellion against the King of the Universe, Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit.  He created everything beautiful.  He even said during the creation, "....and it was good."

But then, in that Garden, we (Yes, you and I) chose to believe the Enemy of mankind, "You will not surely die,"  We believed the lie in the same manner, as those referred to in 2 Peter, "for this they are willingly ignorant of."  We chose rebellion because Satan's way was more appealing.

Yes, tears came to my eyes today as I read our text, and I began to sing, "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross."  One line says, "All the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them to His Blood." (I'm sending a great rendition)

Father, in Jesus' Name, I do.  Amen.
*****************************
WE HEAD OUT FOR CROW COUNTRY ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 30, AT 09:00 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive