Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, July 25, 2024

PRAY THE WORDS OF GOD

"'If it had not been the Lord [Jesus Christ] Who was on our side,..when men rose up against us, they would have swallowed us alive...."  (From Today's Psalm 124 Reading)

I do so encourage you to find prayers in the Bible for yourself and your nation.  The Psalms, in particular, are full of great "national" prayers. 

For instance, my prayer partner and I prayed Psalm 71 again for America, and it was absolutely powerful for me.  Just instead of the pronouns, e.g., "me," "my," "I," substitute America (or your nation).  

Example:  "Deliver America, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel [persons]....O God, do not be far from America, O my God, make haste to help 
America!  Let them be ashamed and consumed who are adversaries of America; let them be covered with reproach and dishonor who seek America's hurt....You, Who have shown America great and severe troubles, shall revive America again, and bring America up again from the depths of the earth."

Jesus tells us to pray, "Thy Kingdom come.  Thy will be done in earth (It is okay to specify, for instance, America, Poland, Czechia, Romania), our families) as it is in Heaven.  This is life-changing for you and me, and, for the nations.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Your Word is a lamp to my feet."  Amen.
***********************
CROW NATION: JULY 30-AUGUST 12

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive