Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, July 28, 2024

"....AN ANGEL...ROLLED BACK THE STONE...AND SAT ON IT"

"And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it." (Matthew 28:2)

"....and sat on it."  What an absolutely great picture of in-your-face victory!

We spoke of the suffering of Jesus at the hands of the Sanhedrin and the Roman Government a couple of days ago.  As the black pastor once said, however, "It's Friday, but Sunday's comin'. 

And here it is.  If our text does not reveal the absolute control of the Godhead in the events that Passover Week in Jerusalem in the First Century, then nothing will.  Rome, in all its super power strength was powerless to stop the purposes of the Living Triune God.  

Remember that our Lord Jesus Christ said before all of this, as recorded in John 10?  "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself.  I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.  This command I have received from My Father."

The next time you may feel powerless in some situation just remember that that same angel will, "descend[] from heaven, and...roll[] back the stone.., and s[i]t on it."  What a great picture of the powerful care of our Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ, which He manifests in all who trust Him!  Jesus sets the prisoners free!

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for Your glorious angels/messengers.  Amen.
**************************
CROW COUNTRY MISSION: JULY 30-AUGUST 12

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive