Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 20, 2023

WHERE GOD'S WORD DOSE HIS WORK

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, 'says the Lord,' I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My People."  (Jeremiah 31;33, KJV)

The newer translations say, "in their minds."  I like, "inward parts."  It tells me of the deep, inward working of, "so great a salvation."

The world religions can only work on the "outside" of the human being.  And, quite frankly, much christianeze implies the same, e.g. "getting into the presence of God."  This is God working from the outside in.  Our Lord Jesus Christ works from the inside out.  

This is power working, power saving, power keeping: Get the Word of God, "in their inward parts, and...in their hearts."  The "outward parts" just won't be affected if the, "inward parts," are not first.

What happens in the New Birth, in conversion is that by virtue of the Cross, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Living Triune God brings all that He Is into all that you and I are.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so pray for the revelation which I need to walk more and more in such victory.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive