Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

"THEN I PRAYED...."

"Once again David inquired of the Lord, and the Lord answered him, 'Go down to Keilah, for I am going to give the Philistines into your hand.'"  (1 Samuel 23:4)

David was an excellent fighter; no one can doubt that.  David was also, though, a person of absolute dependency on, "The Lord is my Shepherd."  He sought His Shepherd, Jesus, in this "in-the-moment" decision of battle.

So, as I read this passage today, I thought of Jesus' parable, "that men should always pray and never give up."  In today's text, I took the application that we should pray about everything, not just have prayer times.  "The king said to me, 'What is it you want?' Then I prayed to the God of Heaven...."  This was Nehemiah's in-the-moment respond to a life demand. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You so much that I can do as David and Nehemiah did.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive