Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 20, 2023

JESUS CHRIST, "LORD OF THE SABBATH"

"Then Jesus said to them, 'The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.'"  (Luke 6:5)

Religious folk set forth religious ideas to make them look more religious; every world religion confirms this.  

This was the scene in today's text.  Jesus' men were following Him on a Sabbath Day.  They became hungry, and provided for their hunger by picking s0me heads of grain.  But, because He interrupted the prevailing, accepted religious order, religionists condemned Him for allowing such action.

Mark 2:27 tells us of this incident that Jesus then said, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."  Religionists do not get this.  The world religions call people to serve them.  Jesus Christ says, in effect, "What I do, I do for you."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so want to manifest You.  Amen.
*************************
PLEASE NOTE: I am putting my Psalm Nugget, OT Lesson, and NT Lesson on Facebook.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive