Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 3, 2020

Wonderment To The The Nth Power

"What is man...?"  (Psalm 8)

When I read this yesterday, I tried to contemplate, as I still do today, just how much wonderment is in these three Words.

Right now, you and I are traveling almost 67,000 miles per hour around the Sun.  NASA tells us that our Sun is just one of between  200,000,000,000 and 400,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy, "The Milky Way."  According to NASA, "Even our closest neighboring stars are trillions of miles away....NASA's Kepler mission found more than 26oo exoplanets during its nine year mission.  It has also made a list of more than 3,000 additional potential exoplanets that astronomers need to study more carefully to be sure that they are indeed planets."  David had very little idea just how true was his wonderment, "What is man...?"  So I too wonder.

From somewhere, "Out of the Ivory Palaces," our Lord Jesus Christ appeared among men and nations some centuries ago.  His incomprehensible statements, "Before Abraham was, I Am....I and the Father are One," could not be understood by the first generation which heard Those Words, any more than you and I can understand them today.  A 5'8", 160 lb. Galilean Carpenter, Mary's Child, walked "The Promised Land," teaching, loving, "healing all who were oppressed of the Devil," took our sins, sicknesses, griefs, pains, sorrows at His Cross, arose from the tomb, and ascended on High.  I go one more than the song writer, "I cannot take it in."  What I do today is accept Jesus and His Words.  I accept that, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father."  I accept what He told/tells us, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me."  I accept and glory in, "I...prepare a place for you."

Wesley wrote, "....til we cast our crowns before Thee, lost in wonder, love, and praise."  I'm doing it now also.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I too ask, "What is man...?"  But I so thank You that in my very limited way, "I...lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me."  Amen.  
*************************
Conference Prayer Call, February 5, 21:00hrs.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive