Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 7, 2020

"....At All Times"

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."  (Psalm 34:1)

Continual, "....praise...in my mouth."  What a life style!  Is this true of you and me?

In Psalm 113 we read, "Praise the LordPraise, O servants of the Lord, Praise the Name of the Lord! Blessed be the Name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermoreFrom the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised!"

From Prison To Praise, wrote a man many years ago.  I don't remember much of it, but I remember he wrote something to the effect that we can either stay in the prison of our doubts, discouragement, unanswered prayers, etc., or, "His praise shall continually be in my mouth."

If I recall correctly, he did share how more of his prayers seemed to be "answered," not primarily by asking, but by praising.  I think, however, another "benefit" can be that praise takes our minds off ourselves and into Jesus Christ.  So much discussion in the modern church is centered around us, our needs, "brokenness," how-to-be-a-better-you.  Okay, but I offer a caution: Almost exclusive emphasis on me does not "lift me up to higher ground."  "Looking unto Jesus," and, "His praise...continually in my mouth", does.

The classic is, The Practice of the Presence of God.  Why don't you and I include in that pursuit, "His praise shall continually be in my mouth"?

Father, in Jesus' Name, "From the rising of the Sun til the going down of the same, [Your] Name is to be praised."  Amen.
***********************
From February 21 to....., I will probably be out of writing commission for a while.  Any prayers for the surgery greatly appreciated. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive