Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

"A Great High Priest Who...Passed Through The Starry Heavens"

"Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the starry heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession."  (Hebrews 4:14, Interlinear)

Can imagine it?  After Jesus' Resurrection, after His command to, "go into all the world," and the disciples', "....while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud receive Him out of their sight"?  Did Jesus leave, "....out of their sight", and, "....pass[] thr0ugh the starry heavens," at incredible speed, passing Mars, Saturn, Neptune, "through the heavens," perhaps the next solar system, ultimately to the "position" of our, "....Great High Priest..," which Revelation 3 tells us, "I...overcame and sat down with My Father in His Throne"------ "wherever" that maybe? 

Maybe my imagination was working overtime this morning, but the text does tell us that Jesus, "passed through the starry heavens...."   We know Jesus said, "I go to prepare a place...," even though the "location" of that, "place," no one knows.  Yet as I read our text and thought of yesterday's devotional, I could not help but think of the vastness of the Universe.  The phrase, "....passed through the heavens..," just took on a new wonder for me today.

I thought today, too, of David's statement, "....His greatness is unsearchable....And I will declare Thy Greatness."  How does one do that?  Well, for me today, the thought of that "journey" which Jesus took, "....through the starry heavens..," to get to, "....a place for you...," just gave me another glimpse of, "....Thy Greatness."  And, it is the, "Greatness," of our Living Triune God which keeps us going, "through many dangers, toils, and snares."

I wonder if the one who wrote, "I'll Fly Away," had, "passed through the starry heavens...," in mind.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank you that in Jesus I too will, "pass[] through the heavens"----------- on to Glory and a new revelation of You!  Amen.
*******************
Conference Prayer Call tomorrow night at 21:00hrs.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive