Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 31, 2020

How The Book of Psalms Concludes

"Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp."  (Psalm 150:3)

Every month the Lord Jesus calls me to not only conclude the month, but also every day, even throughout the day, with the last Words of the Psalms, "Praise Him....Praise the Lord."

Now this is not some egoistical god of the nations calling his subjects to worship him while he sits on some throne just receiving.  This is the "call" of Fellowship.  This is, "The Lord [Who] is my Shepherd," in Whom, "....I shall not lack."  This is Jesus Christ, "The Good Shepherd [Who] gives His Life for the sheep", calling us to, "Abide in Me and I in you."  Words of praise to the Living Triune God are returned with, "I have loved you with an Everlasting Love; therefore, with loving kindness I have drawn you."  Never think that worship is a "one-way street."  Praise is fell0wship, in the deepest sense of the word.

Notice the next time we go through the Bible just how much the Living Triune God showers Words of Love, Blessing, Provision upon us, "As the Father has loved Me, even so have I loved you."  Worship is not standing some place and looking up and directing our praise somewhere beyond us.  I repeat: Worship is, "Fellowship, Partnership," in the Living Triune God, in the "deepest" sense of these Biblical Words.  Worship is living in Jesus Christ's, "Abide in Me, and I in you."  It is akin to Brother Lawrence's, "The Practice of the Presence of God."

"Let everything that has breath praise the LordPraise the Lord!"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I do praise You!  Amen.
******************
* If you want the best insight into what is going on in Israel, you need to read Carolyn Glick, the best no nonsense writer to date. For her latest article, go to:   jhs58.blogspot.com
* Conference Prayer Call Wednesday, February 5 at 21:00hrs.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive