Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

"Oh, Give Thanks! For...."

"Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!  For His mercy endures forever." (Psalm 136:3)

I took particular note today of the progression from calling me to consider the universe, then Jesus' involvement in the particulars of my daily life-------- from my birth. Note the progression of Psalm 136: 
The Universe:
"Give thanks to the Lord-
Who does great wonders--
Who made the heavens--
Who made the sun to rule by day--
the moon to rule by night--
Our daily life:
Who remembered us in our lowly state, and rescued us from our enemies--
Who gives food to all flesh, for His mercy endures forever."

When Jesus called Abraham, the latter could not grasp the enormity of the promises of, "The Word of God;" therefore, He took him outside the tent and told him, "Look now toward heaven, and count the number the stars if you are able."  Then in effect, He told Abraham, "So shall be My blessings." 

Today's text is a sweeping reminder of the limitless power, blessing, faithfulness, "....for His mercy endures forever", of the Living Triune God.  Look at, "....the heavens-- the sun and moon...;" then look at your, "....lowly estate..," from which Jesus delivered you.  I did.  I thought of Planet Earth traveling right now at over 66,000 mph around the sun.  I thought of the power of the Godhead Who, "....laid out the earth above the waters,.." and the literal control He has of His Universe.  Why do we ever come out from under the Blanket of His "control," and ever doubt that Jesus' would, "....remember[] us in our lowly estate.., and rescue[] us from our enemies"?!?

You and I need to allow Jesus to take us outside our tents regularly and ask us to number His blessings, "....if you are able."  Then of what we can, "name them one by one."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for those innumerable, "....great wonders...."  Amen.
*********************
* I sent two great articles on the global threat to World Jewry at:   jhs58.blogspot.com
* Conference Prayer Call tomorrow at 21:00hrs.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive