Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

"But The Lord Is With Me...."

"But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevailThey will fail and be thoroughly disgraced; their dishonor will never be forgotten."  (Jeremiah 20:11, NIV)

Today's text was brought to my attention by our pastor.  Reading in various translations from time to time brings new insights.

I have written and said many times that President Trump is far from flawless, though if you listen to the media, that's all they are clamoring for, as though they and their cronies are the zenith of moral clarity and behavior.  No president, nor no one is flawless.  I repeat: I vote and support policies, not people.  Hey, maybe we should look more to this philosophy in the Church.

At any rate, today's text is another prayer I have added to my prayers for the American President.  I can tell you that I am seeing the answers to many prayers which I have been praying for the US Government, the press, and the Hollywood "world."  Of course millions of others are praying, but it is great to see very specific prayers answered. Keep going!

Our text is also applicable to Israel and the Church.  Just consider history: The Babylonian Empire is gone; the Media-Persian Empire is gone; Alexander the Great is now not so "great;" Rome, which persecuted the Church mercilessly, and drove all the Jews out of the capitol, is gone, well, you get the picture.  But the text also is true of you and me, though for many it may not appear to be the case now.  Nonetheless, the Bible declares throughout that the enemies of King Jesus, His Church and Kingdom, "....will fail and be thoroughly disgraced; their dishonor will never be forgotten."

I pray for, "....my persecutors...," those who live, legislate, and propagate a culture of death, whose life philosophy is contrary to Jesus Christ.  Pray with me that they will, "come to the knowledge of the truth," by surrendering their lives to Jesus Christ. Remember: "O, revival is coming, but not as you expect," which probably means the "greatest revival" ever.

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for Your manifest rule in the earth.  Amen.  
*******************
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive