Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Another Bible Prayer

"Confuse and confound their speech...."  (Psalm 55:9, Christian Standard Bible)

This is a new translation which came out a couple of years.  Again, we have a prayer to those who persist in opposing Jesus Christ, His Church and Kingdom. 

I have added it to my "library."  Praying Bible prayers is the most powerful praying, because in praying Jesus' Prayers, which is the Bible, as with "The Lord's Prayer," we pray His will.  Of course we ask, seek, knock, but for me it is always in the "channel" of His Words.

The Bible calls you and me to pray "high" and "deep."  I can think of no one who can take me "deeper" and "higher" in prayer than our Lord Jesus and His Words.  The world is in increasing turmoil.  It is the call to the Followers of Jesus to be "watchmen on the wall."  Today's text is another bow in our quiver. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, by the power of You dwelling me, I pray for strength, "to turn the battle at the gate."  Amen.
**************
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive