Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 5, 2017

"If You Fear Him, You Need Fear Nothing Else"

"....From Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from among the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earthTo Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,....Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this....I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."  (From Revelation 1, yesterday's reading)

This is Historic, "....the faith of Jesus," aka, Christianity.  Jesus is, "....the faithful witness...."  Jesus is, "....the firstborn from among the dead...."  Jesus is, "....the ruler over the kings of the earth."  John was told to record for all future generations what he had, "seen, and the things which are, and...will take place...."  We see here a sort of, "I have history covered."  Our Lord Jesus Christ drives home to John and to all who would accept His Words, in essence, "I live, even though, 'I...was dead,' and take note!  'I am alive forevermore.'" !

So now I share an exhortation from, "The Word of God," with you, the great, "Word of the Lord," from Isaiah.  It is a command from the Living Triune God, a command which reveals to you and me that based upon, "I am alive forevermore," we are able to look life directly in the face with the utmost courage and confidence.  "The Lord said to me in the strongest terms: 'Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of youDo not fear anything except the Lord AlmightyHe alone is the Holy OneIf you fear Him, you need fear nothing elseHe will keep you safe.'" (NLT)  It always comes back to: Whose "report" do we believe?

Because of the Eternal Reality of the Cross, Jesus' Death and Resurrection, "....you need fear nothing else."  Jesus tells us, "Because I live, you will live also."  You want proof?  "I...was dead, and...I am alive forevermore."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I choose Your Words over any.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive