Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

"We Have A Building From God"

"....We have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens....Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge (down payment)." (2 Corinthian 5:5, NASB)

The Holy Spirit's, "down payment," this, "pledge," is not some gushy feeling, or that too oft quoted cliche, "I know that I know that I know."  It is not some ethereal experience.  The Holy Spirit's, "pledge," is the testimony to Jesus Christ and what He says.  Jesus said, "He will glorify Me."  This is fundamental, basic Christianity.  I know for certain that I, "....have a building from God,..eternal in the heavens", because "the Bible tells me so."

Our Lord God is the One doing the preparation for anything and everything He has for us. "We have a building from God,..eternal in the heavens."  Whatever people think of when they quote, "I know the plans I have for you,..to give you a future and a hope," it is far beyond getting you a better job, better health, better anything here and now.  The ultimate, "future and a hope," is that, "building from God,..eternal in the heavens." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for, "the plans [You] have for [me]," that glorious, "building from [You]." Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive