Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, May 11, 2017

I Cannot Explain What Is Going On

"The One Who existed from the beginning is the One we have heard and seen....He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life." (1 John 1, NLT))

I think if I were to preach somewhere again, as I did yesterday morning in our local "Prayer Breakfast," I would again use this text.  Why is this blessing me so (Rhetorical)? 

I had some professors and fellow students in seminary dispute this Epistle as John's.  But why has this always sounded so "John-like" to me?  "We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own handsHe is Jesus Christ, the Word of Life."

You will remember that it was John who laid his head on Jesus at the "Last Supper/Passover" Jesus celebrated with the twelve, yes, the twelve; even Judas was there.  Maybe it would have behooved Judas to have had a "head-resting-on-Jesus" relationship with the Master.  Judas was, however, too interested in "the mission," or "the work," or, well the anything-but what Jesus is after in you and me, "We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own handsHe is Jesus Christ, the Word of life."

My, "own eyes," have not "seen" Jesus, nor have I, "touched Him with [my] own hands."  Yet meditating in 1 John 1:1-4 over these past days, its seems as though in some mysterious way I have.  Tears have come to my eyes while reading these, "God-Breathed," Words.  "He was with the Father and then He was shown to us."  Wow! Has Jesus ever been "showing" Himself to me.  I am going to sign off now.  While I cannot understand fully what is going on, I shall treasure these moments in Jesus I know "throughout" Eternity.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for this.
*******************************
You can read the article in the Johnstown Newspaper about yesterday's prayer breakfast here in Johnstown at:
www.tribdem.com
Scroll down to the title: "WATCH VIDEO"
The article is well written, I thought.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive