Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 15, 2017

Bible Prayers For---- Whomever


"In You, Lord, I put my trust; let me never be put to shame....For You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth.  (Psalm 71:1 & 5)

I prayed Psalm 71 this morning for President, Donald Trump. 

I did something which I have not done for quite a while; I actually watched a humanist news show, and saw pure evil, hyenas doing all they could to bring down the US President.  Now we know that President Trump is far from "perfect," whatever any more that word may mean.  But I can tell you that I prayed for Presidents, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, even though they were opposed to Jesus Christ, His Words, and His Kingdom.  The Bible does not tell us to just pray for family and people we like.  The Bible commands us, "Therefore I exhort first of all that...prayers...be made...for all mankind...."  I want to share the verses which particularly stood out to me this morning to pray for the US President.  See if they don't also apply to a lot of other situations.

* I ask that President Trump puts his trust totally in You, Lord Jesus. (v. 1)
* I pray that he finds only in You, Lord Jesus, "a Rock of habitation to which [he] may continually come. (v.3, NASB)
* "Deliver [him]...from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel." (v.4, NIV)
*
"Bring disgrace and destruction on [his] accusers.  Humiliate and shame those who want to harm [him]." (v. 13, NLT)
* Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that President Trump, "....will tell of Your righteous acts all day long...." And I pray that those, "....who want[] to harm [him will be] put to shame and confusion." (v.24, NIV)
Amen.
*********************** 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive