Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 2, 2017

You Have Been Received--Now Eat

"This Man receives sinners and eats with them." (Luke 15:2b)

Our text is from my reading of a couple days ago.  I am still, however, going in the wonderful, blessedness of the reality.  I, a sinner, have the privilege of being "received" by, "sitting down with," and eating with the Living Triune God, the Lord, King, "The Eternal One," Sustainer of the Universe.  Lost, defeated, unworthy though we may feel, it is as though the Lord Jesus Christ says to you and me, "It's all right now, friend.  Sit here with me and let us eat together." 


Jesus not only paid the price of my sin in His most precious Blood, death and resurrection.  Jesus did not only pay the price for my eternal life in Glory, but He also makes this life extremely worthwhile, full of peace, hope, and joy:  "And He walks with me and He talks with me."  Jesus', "and eats with them", is what I enjoy continually, moment by moment, as 1 Thess. 5 says, "....that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him." 

I noticed that I have written over 2000 devotionals over the last decade or so.  Repeat myself?  In reality, I hope so; and why?  Because the wonder of our Father, our Savior Jesus, our Holy Spirit is such that I never grow tired of hearing of It/Him daily, continually.  I shall repeat often, and in my daily walk shall continue to marvel in, "This Man receives sinners and eats with them."  Also, This Wonderful Lord Jesus Christ, 'receives,' me and, 'eats with [me].'"

So, my fellow "received sinner," let's eat!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I so thank You that You receive me and eat with me.  Amen. 
*********************
Fall Mission:  October 28-November 15.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive