Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 3, 2017

"Come And Eat Breakfast" (Jesus)

"Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread....Jesus said to them, 'Come and eat breakfast.'" (From John 21)

"Come and eat breakfast."  I experienced this today.

Well, I don't know if you received my short video, but it was a little reflection on what happened to me this morning.  I was listening to my Psalms while I was having some eggs, toast and coffee.  "All of a sudden," the text which I used for yesterday's devotional came to me, "This man receives sinners and eats with them."  There I was, "a sinner saved by grace," eating breakfast with the very, "Word of God," Himself, Jesus.  I simply cannot tell you what happened to me.  There was no large gathering, no electronics, no "worship leader," no anything but, "the Words of God," and I sitting in our little kitchen having breakfast with Jesus.  Simplistic?  

It was another example of what I call, The Isaac Experience.  You remember the verse in Genesis which tells of Isaac going out to the field in the evening.  It was Isaac and Jesus, no fanfare, no big name to "usher him into the presence," just a man and his Maker, "And Isaac went out to meditate in the field at eventide...."  So today I am reminded of a Biblical "morning and evening" very personal, wonderful, glorious encounter. 

I am not an anti-corporate-worship person.  I greatly enjoy the times when we can be with the "Church gathered."  But let's face it; the vast majority of our lives, that is, for most of us, is not in the "Church Gathered," but in the proverbial "Church Scattered," as, most likely, for you right there, now. 

"Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way, leaning on the everlasting arms."  Enjoy your dinner today with/in Jesus.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You so much for what You are doing in me.  Amen.
************************
We are getting closer to our need for this Fall's Mission.  Thanks to those who are partnering with us.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive