Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

"Rejoice With Me!"



"....Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!"  (Luke 15:6)





This is Heaven's celebration with our Lord Jesus Christ when He "finds" a lost sheep, when He found me, when He found you.

I read an article which said, "Sheep are best known for their strong flocking (herding) and following instinct....When one sheep moves, the rest will follow, even if it is not a good idea....The flocking and following instinct of sheep is so strong that it caused the death of 400 sheep in 2006 in eastern Turkey."  What a perfect description of humanity.  Even the most proud is still a sheep.  He/she make think they are "leaders," but they really are not.  They "follow" whatever suits their ego, even though they think they are leading their worshipers.  

You know, one could really be offended by being compared to sheep.  But that, my friend, we are by our Lord Jesus Christ.  And the "flocking (herding) and following instinct" is very good when it comes to living as Jesus intended for the Church and our relationship in Him.  But who would not affirm that it is "not a good idea" when following one of our own.

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."  Most importantly here is that Jesus knows His sheep.  Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit, "know them," long before they/we know Him.  Praise Him!   "....And they follow Me."  We do not follow one another.  Yet how many times throughout history did "sheep...known for their strong flocking (herding) and following instinct," even when "it was not a good idea," nevertheless followed others, especially those strong-willed "leaders," and some even to spiritual death.  Submission to leadership, respect for spiritual authority, honoring are all good principles, but not so if it leads to the cliff.

"Rejoice with me...."  And I do.  I rejoice that Jesus found me, that I surrender to his "finding" and not the "finding" of my culture, gender, ethnicity.  This, "sheep which was lost", is now a, "found...sheep."  What comfort.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that I am a sheep.  I rejoice that You found me.  Amen.
********************
Berlin Mission:  October 28-November 15    

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive