Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, August 5, 2016

Psalm 19, Part 2

"The law of the Lord is perfect...."  (Psalm 19:7)

PERIOD!  I accept this.  Okay, for the religious, I believe this.  My life was saved by this, is being saved by this, and will save me and take me to Glory by this. To give an old movie line a little different spin, "I have a lot of faults, Brad, but ingratitude is not one of them.  I owe, 'The Law of the Lord', a lot"-- my life.

Yesterday we noted, "The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His handsDay to day pours forth speech and night to night reveals knowledge."  Yet, "There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard."  Apparently, the Holy Spirit is telling us that, "speech," and, "words," cannot do the, "....telling...."

Now, "The Word of God," tells us in the following verses, "The Law (Word).., the testimony.., the precepts..., the commandment.., the judgment[] of the Lord is perfect...."  Words are communication, yet they do not and cannot explain the unfathomable.  Such is, "the glory of God."  My gazing at, "the heavens," does not bring clarity on, "the glory of God," even though, "the heavens declare the glory of God."  The limitation is I myself.  When, "the carpenter's Son," appeared, he did that which only Jesus can do, "The only begotten God Who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him"-- and life and what, "the heavens are telling...."

Our text tells us that, "The law (Word) of the Lord is perfect...."  It can be translated, "blameless, complete, sound."  Nature worshippers can gaze at the Sun, Moon, stars, the pantheon of creation and will never "see" nor understand, "....the glory of God....  The only way that you and I can come to any knowledge, appreciation, etc., of His glory is what we read in 2 Corinthians 4.  "Our Gospel is veiled...to those who are perishing, in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, Who is the image of God....For God, Who said, 'Light shall shine out of darkness,' is the One Who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I see no, "glory," apart from Jesus.  In Jesus alone can I see what, "The heavens are telling...."  Amen.

******************
* More on the Khan debacle at:    jhs58.blogspot.com
* Please pray for the September and October Missions

that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive