Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

"Darkness Covers The Earth...But The Lord Rises Upon You...."


"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to...comfort all who mourn,...to bestow on them a crown of beauty...and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair....They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations." (From Isaiah 61:1-4, NIV, July 31 reading in the Major Prophets)

Within the last 24+ hours Sarah and I lost a great friend.  She had supported our work for a number of years, a faithful intercessor, and one upon whom we knew we could rely for prayers.  She always contributed towards our mission work in the US and overseas, a precious lady and a great loss to so many.  There was a sweetness and encouraging gift in her which all who knew her will greatly miss.

The older I get, the more I realize just how fragile is life.  Many of our friends are older than us, and we know that unless the Lord Jesus' Second Appearing is soon, we may say good bye to them, and perhaps they to me.  Don't be an "unrealist" and say, "Wow, that's dark."  There is nothing "dark" about truth.  If there is any people group on the Planet who should be realists, and have the power to walk in reality, it is those who, "follow the Lamb wherever He goes."

Our text speaks of the "work" of our Lord Jesus Christ in the earth, and I so want to be a part of it.  This is declared to the children of Abraham, of whom the Bible declares all who trust Jesus are a part.  We are the bearers of, "good news," to, "all who mourn," and are in, "a spirit of despair."  We declare that no matter what happens in life, we can arise in the power of the Living, Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ and, "....rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated...."  May our Lord Jesus give us all grace to continue in this as long as He wills.

I continue to pray, to pray the Scriptures, "I will pray with my spirit," and, "I will pray with my understanding."  The world is getting to be a darker and darker place.  Yet as the Holy Spirit commands us in the preceding chapter, "Arise, shine, for your light has come....See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over you." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I can walk in These, Your Words, to all around me.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive