Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 5, 2016

KTBTIB Nottingham sent you a video: "Deer playing in the ocean"


"From You comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly....All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord...." (Psalm 22, NIV)

Today's text is from Psalm 22, "To the tune of 'Doe of the Morning.'"  The animal in the video to me demonstrates what is the heart of a Follower/Lover of Jesus.  There is something I see in this animal which I should see in myself, how I face every day, no matter what is on the horizon which I think I can see or not see.  I see in this deer something of what the Word of God tells us, "Let all creation rejoice before the Lord...."

The psalmist speaks as so many humans feel, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?...I cry out by day, but You do not answer....I am a worm and not a man."  Yet, when he remembers Jesus, "My Shepherd," and, "Yes, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me," He then declares, "All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord...."  I'm not sure if this is what he had in mind when he set this song, "To the Tune of 'The Doe of the Morning,'" but it sure makes me smile.  Enjoy. 






KTBTIB Nottingham has shared a video with you on YouTube














Blog Archive