Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 1, 2016

"....By Whom...."

"....by Whom also He made the worlds...."  (Hebrews 1:2b, KJV)

Our text is from one of yesterday's readings, from my Granpa Barnette's "favorite" book of the Bible and the first book of the Bible I read in the Bible He gave me for my 6th birthday.  Every time I read Hebrews, I think of Grandpa Barnette, one of Jesus' greatest gifts to me.

Over the years there have been doubts as to whether I "measure up" to his relationship in Jesus.  This is not "woe-is-me" doubt of my "salvation," but it is something that so many battle in life.  I can tell you, however, that when I read what the Bible calls, "the Words of God," there is life impartation, dispelling the "doubts and fears assail."  Our Lord Jesus Christ,  "The Word of God," always takes me outside of and beyond myself, "....by Whom also He made the worlds...." 

"....by Whom also He made the worlds...."  This is Jesus, "The Word of God," Who was the "voice" of God in creation, "And God said, 'Let there be'.., and there was...."  This is Jesus, "The Word of God," of which Peter speaks, "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God."  Makes my day.

I don't know who reads these devotionals since I have only ever received any feedback from a handful of people.  But I can tell you one thing for sure: I enjoy doing them, because for me it is sweet fellowship in Jesus, receiving, meditating/thinking/musing upon His, "born again," Words.  I pray that Jesus, "....by Whom also He made the worlds...," will comfort, strengthen you and keep you in Him.  Life pummels us with "words" which do nothing for us.  Yet I so pray that what Paul wrote to the Thessalonians will be true with you and me, "For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when you received the Word of God which you heard of us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which effectually works also in you that believe."  My words are only His words when my words take you to His Word, Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I just cannot stop thanking You for the life-imparting, the life-uplifting, the life-changing, "Word of God."  Amen.
************************
* Berlin Mission: October 5-27-- Praise Jesus that we have received almost enough for our plane fare.  
* The DC storm postponed the January DC Mission.  Planning one for February

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive