Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Most Look For Perfection In All The Wrong Places/People


"He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me....The law of the Lord is perfect...."  (Psalm 18:19; 19:7, NIV)

From our text, we can see that, "He rescued me," is assured, because, "The Law of the Lord," i.e., His Word, "is perfect"--------- Perfection.

Have you ever felt as thought you were in a cave, surrounded on every side by walls, seemingly closing in on you?  46 years ago I was experiencing this.  But Jesus in His Faithfulness, "....brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock (Him and His Words), and established my steps."  In the words of our text, "He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me."  And Jesus continually does so.

Because, "the law of the Lord Jesus is perfect," you and I can know with absolute certainty that when it seems as though you can't breath, as though life is closing its vice on you, Jesus will bring you, "out into a spacious place," breaking the walls and constriction of Satan's power.  "He rescued me," is Who Jesus Is.

The Word of God tells you and me, indeed the whole of humanity, "The law of the Lord is perfect," viz., "complete, entire, unblemished."  When the church in America lost its battle with humanism in 1962 and 1963, we saw the only perfection which we had in America taken from the state school system, the Prayer of Jesus and the Words of Jesus.  When a culture chooses human "rationality" over Divine Perfection...........................

Someone once asked me why I always read Scripture first then pray before I preach.  Simply, the Scripture is what Jesus says.  Prayer is what I say.  I'd rather get off to a good start.  If any person desires perfection, they need look no further than, "unto Jesus," and, "the law/word."  Interpretation of Psalm 19:7, "The Word of God is Perfection."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I cling to You, the only Perfect One.  Amen.
**************************
I received an invitation to the Annual Jerusalem Post Conference in New York City

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive