Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 3, 2015

"What Has The Righteous Done?"

"When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?"  (Psalm 11:3, NIV)

I have written on this before, as you know, but in view of the July 4th celebrations in America I thought it good to refer to our text again.  One commentary says, "Literally, 'The foundations (that is, of good order and law) will be destroyed, what has the righteous done (to sustain them)?'  All his efforts have failed."
  No one can argue that this is not the case in the United States of America.  I do, however, continue to pray for my country mostly, however, "with the spirit."  Prayer, "with my understanding," just does not have as many words as it once did.

The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is not an option, not an additional means of grace, but "included," if you will, in what it means to be, "in Christ."  Personally, I cannot imagine life without the Hollowed Presence of His Blessed Majesty, the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit praying in my spirit, viz., praying, "in an unknown tongue."  I just seem more and more at a loss as to how to pray for America.

I pray that while Americans celebrate the great gift of Jesus to us, this great country which has meant literal survival to most on Planet Earth, that our celebration of Father, Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit will exceed all other celebrations.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit so that I can pray Your Heart.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive