Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 29, 2015

Acceptor Belief

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable." (Psalm 145:3)

Some translations say, "His greatness no one can fathom," or, "[so vast and so deep as to be] unsearchable."

I cannot believe in God with my mind, only with my acceptor.  Yes, my spell check does recognize this word; therefore, I must not be as crazy as some might say.  My acceptor is not as my understander (Yes, once again my spell check approves).  Acceptance implies trust, understanding does not.  Maybe this is a reason the Word of God warns us to, "lean not to your own understanding."  Again, I cannot understand Jesus as my Lord and Savior, but I can accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior.


This is Psalm 145 day.  It is the only Psalm designated by some Bible publishers as, "David's Psalm of Praise."  Psalm 145 is nothing but praise, worship, adoration, whatever word you choose to use (and, O yes, and with one verse of warning).  Feeling, sensing, etc., rarely plays a part in my walk in Jesus.  The fact that I now sit on a planet which is traveling at 67,000 mph around it's star, and that with today's fastest mode of propulsion, it would take 76,000 years to reach one of our nearest stars, well, I just cannot comprehend, much less the One Who is, "upholding all things by the word of His power."  There is no mind, no Einstein, who could/can ever understand/comprehend this.  But all can accept Him, and all can praise Him.

I say and write things like this so that you and I may perhaps more appreciate the coming of Jesus, "the carpenter's son."  He stood on Planet Earth about 2000 years ago and declared Himself to be the One of Whom the Prophets wrote.  Jesus said, "I Am," even, "before Abraham was."  Jesus also said, "I am the light of the worldHe who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."  Walk in our minds and we cannot help but walk in darkness, not only about the Universe, but also about ourselves.  Walk in Jesus with our acceptor and we will keep walking, keep "believing," keep on until Jesus' Second Appearing.  From then "on," well, who can really comprehend?

Father, in Jesus' Name, You and Your ways are indeed, "past finding out."  I am so thankful, however, that You have "found out" me.  Amen.
********************
$550.00 more needed for "David's Tent," September 18-22.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive