Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The "Reward" Is For "....What They Have Done"

"Look, I am coming soonBlessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll....Look, I am coming soonMy reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done." (Revelation 22:7 & 12, NIV)

"I am coming soon!....I am coming soon!"  I think Jesus wants us to know that He is, "coming soon!" 

Notice that it is, "the one who keeps," literally, "the one who is keeping," who is, "Blessed." 
And the reward?--- "....according to what they have done."  There is much more emphasis in the Bible on what you and I do than what we saySaying is always easier than doing.

It is going to be more and more of a challenge to, "keep[] the words of the prophecy written in this scroll," because the Devil knows that his time is short.  We are living in a dramatic culture shift in the US and Europe.  The barbarians are winning, murdering the unborn, exalting homosexual relations and, as one of my Eastern European friends said recently, "America is spitting in the face of God."
  And what is going on now in the Middle East is throwback to the Middle Ages, plundering, pillaging, over running.  This is not the world of my Dad and Mom.  The barbarians are winning the culture war on most of Planet Earth, and most embarrassingly in America, because the Church just talks, dances, and "declares."

Jesus says in our text, "My reward is with Me," because Jesus is the, "reward."  As the world plunges deeper and deeper into the abyss of barbarism, you and I will need to make daily, perhaps even hourly decisions.  The barbarians will not give up, will not quit; and if you and I are to survive, neither must we.  Courage, my friend.  Be one of those who is, "keeping the Words," when Jesus appears again.  "I am coming soonAnd My reward is with Me."  Do not let compromise and, "friendship of the world," rob you of the Reward.  "The time is short."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Even so come, Lord Jesus."  Amen.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive