Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 6, 2015

"Their Folly Will Be Manifest To All"

"....always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth....these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all...."  (2 Timothy 3)

Yesterday Sarah and I were with some friends of ours in West Ohio.  I preached in their two services and Joe asked me to share some thoughts on "current events" in their Sunday School.  At the end of the class, he asked me what we can do, how we can pray?  My first response was what Jesus gave me quite a while ago.  I began praying for the humanists in positions of power in the United States and other nations to be embarrassed.  I have shared with you before that when I first uttered that word I was a little hesitant because of its seeming nasty nature.  Yet I realized that what Paul told Timothy in our text is exactly what I began to pray.  If there is any hope for America, if there is any "redemption," then the folly of the humanist, e.g., the Obamas, the Clintons, the Blitzers, Sharptons, etc., etc., must be exposed.  But whether America wakes up or not, "their folly will be manifest to all...."

Jesus tells us in Ecc. 10:1 says, "Dead flies putrefy the perfumer's ointment, and cause it to give off a foul odor; so does a little folly to one respected for wisdom and honor."  Do we not witness this every day at work, in our communities, in governments?!? 
Ecc. 7:25 tells us, "I applied my heart to know, to search and seek out wisdom and the reason of things, to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness."  There you have it, my friend, "wickedness of folly," is nothing but, "foolishness and madness."  If I want to be, "clothed and in [my] right mind," then I must be clothed in Jesus Christ and His Words.  Jesus alone can reveal to you and me, "wisdom and the reason of things."

I pray you never tire of me reminding us to give ourselves daily, much to the Words of Jesus, aka, the Bible.  Only in the "God-Breathed" Words do we find, "wisdom and honor."  Only in Jesus, walking in Jesus, living in Jesus and He in us can we escape the embarrassment of what is plaguing the American Government, the entertainment industry, and way too much of Christendom, "folly,..foolishness and madness."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that as I am, "always learning," of You, I so too will always be coming, "to the knowledge of the truth."  Amen.
*********************
Almost "there" on the David's Tent

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive