Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED IN MY 72 YEARS

"Vindicate me, O Lord my God, according to Your righteousness...." (Psalm 35:24)

Something happened to me very early this morning which has never happened to me in my 72 years on this planet.  At about 04:27, I was awakened very suddenly by "someone" speaking my name, "Woody."  That's all.  What was perhaps equally unusual was the "tone."  The voice had a sense of urgency.  I accept that it was Jesus.  Yes, it was audible, not an "impression," or "the Lord spoke to my heart."  It was His voice.  I was stunned, to say the least.  After a little while, I did what Eli told Samuel, "Speak, Lord, for your servant hears"---- nothing more came.  I can never, however, forget that moment.  Sarah and I have talked about it today, and I have been, of course, pondering it ever since.  Over this past weekend I was in a discussion with a number of Followers of Jesus.  We spoke of the current "state" of the United States of America.  I'm beginning to suspect that Jesus spoke my name in an urgent tone as some sort of "watchman alert."  I share this with you so that you may find encouragement in my testimony, perhaps a sort of "end time" manifestation to an ordinary person just like you.

It naturally followed that as I read our text today, I began to pray for America, and here is the prayer I prayed from Psalm 35.  I hope it will be an encouragement to you to so pray, "the words of God," for your country, the Church, your family, for yourself
Father, in Jesus' Name, "how long will You look onRescue [the United States of America] from [our] destructions, [America's] life from the lions (those who reject You)....Let [our enemies, the humanists] not rejoice over [America] who are wrongfully [our] enemies; nor let them wink with the eye who hate [America] without cause....This You have seen, O Lord; do not keep silence.  O Lord, do not be far from [America].  Stir up Yourself, and awake to [America's] vindication, to [America's] cause....Vindicate [America],..ACCORDING TO YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESSAnd let not [the humanists] rejoice over [the America You intended us to be].  Let not [the humanists, our enemies] say in their hearts, 'Ah, so we would have it!'  Let them not say, 'We have swallowed...up'" [the America which You, Lord Jesus, established long ago].  Amen.
****************************
I guess David's Tent just moved up several notches. 
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive